12 inmates escape from Koton-Karfe custodial centre- NCoS spokesman

The Nigeria Correctional Service (NCoS) says 12 inmates escaped from the Koton Karfe Medium Security Custodial Centre in Kogi in the early hours of Monday.

The Service Public Relations Officer (SPRO), NCoS, Mr Abubakar Umar, made this known in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja.

Umar said that two of the inmates had been recaptured, while efforts were being made to recapture the remaining 10.

Umar assured that a comprehensive investigation had been launched to unravel the circumstances surrounding the jail break.

“We are still investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident especially to determine how the inmates managed to break out without causing structural damage.

“Unfortunately, one of our officers lost his life during the incident.

“We are working closely with the police and other security agencies to ensure that the escaped inmates are rearrested and brought back to custody “, he said.

Related posts

How I survived in kidnappers’ den – Gen. Tsiga

CP visits banditry victims in hospital, vows to end attacks in Katsina

DHQ dismisses reports of Niger’s MNJTF withdrawal

This website uses Cookies to improve Users' experience. However, Users can opt-out at will. Read More