Police

Anambra: Police rescue 4 kidnap victims, arrest 10 suspects

The Police Command in Anambra says it has rescued four kidnap victims, including a Reverend Father in the past two weeks.

The Police Commissioner (CP) Ikioye Orutugu in the state disclosed this at a news conference on Friday in Awka.

Orutugu also said that in the period under review, the command arrested 10 kidnap suspects, recovered 10 firearms and four vehicles from suspected criminals.

“In the command’s commitment to keeping residents informed about the evolving security situation in the state, the command has in the two weeks under review recorded significant breakthroughs.

“Given the operational support from sister agencies, Anambra State Vigilantes and other security operatives through sustained patrols and targeted security operations, four kidnap victims including a Catholic Reverend Father were rescued and 10 suspects arrested.

“Also recovered were ten arms of assorted brands, 16 expended cartridges and 46 live ammunition, four vehicles and other incriminating items,” he said.

He explained that three of the recovered cars had been released to their owners after necessary verifications.

The commissioner also sympathised with the victims of the main market fire incident at a warehouse located at Ifejirika by Nwangene, Onitsha, in the early hours of Friday.

He said that the incident could have been avoided if necessary precautionary measures were adhered to.

According to him, no life was lost and the command appreciates the support of the fire service agency and good-spirited individuals in making sure that the fire was put out.

He said that the police had since cordoned the scene to investigate the cause of the fire and to prevent hoodlums from taking advantage of the situation to commit crime in the area.


Discover more from Defence News Ng

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.


Reach an audience of millions.
For advert enquiries, please contact us on:
Email: [email protected] | [email protected]

Also See

Police arraign salesgirl over alleged N2.1m theft

Defence News Ng

Police confirm apprentice, 23, electrocuted in Ogun

Defence News Ng

Police deny complicity in escape of suspects in Anambra

Defence News Ng

This website uses Cookies to improve Users' experience. However, Users can opt-out at will. Accept Read More

Cookies Policies

Discover more from Defence News Ng

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading