Correctional ServicesCover

12 inmates escape from Koton-Karfe custodial centre- NCoS spokesman

The Nigeria Correctional Service (NCoS) says 12 inmates escaped from the Koton Karfe Medium Security Custodial Centre in Kogi in the early hours of Monday.

The Service Public Relations Officer (SPRO), NCoS, Mr Abubakar Umar, made this known in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) in Abuja.

Umar said that two of the inmates had been recaptured, while efforts were being made to recapture the remaining 10.

Umar assured that a comprehensive investigation had been launched to unravel the circumstances surrounding the jail break.

“We are still investigating the circumstances surrounding the incident especially to determine how the inmates managed to break out without causing structural damage.

“Unfortunately, one of our officers lost his life during the incident.

“We are working closely with the police and other security agencies to ensure that the escaped inmates are rearrested and brought back to custody “, he said.


Reach an audience of millions.
For advert enquiries, please contact us on:
Email: [email protected] | [email protected]

Also See

Police, JTF rescue 3 kidnapped victims in Anambra 

Defence News Ng

One died, many injured in army route march – GOC

Defence News Ng

Enugu tanker explosion: Death toll further rises to 21– FRSC

Defence News Ng

This website uses Cookies to improve Users' experience. However, Users can opt-out at will. Accept Read More

Cookies Policies

Discover more from Defence News Ng

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading