CoverPolice

Police arrest 8 secondary school students for alleged cultism in Ogun

The Police Command in Ogun,says it has arrested eight suspected Secondary School cultists who engaged in cult activities at Ifo High School in the state.

The Command’s Spokesperson, CSP Omolola Odutola, confirmed the arrest in a statement, issued to newsmen in Ota on Saturday.

Odutola explained that on March 21,2025, at about 12.05 p.m, the Vice Principal, Ifo High School, Mr. Alako Oluwole, and a teacher, Mr Akinseku Oloruntoba Julius reported that a group of students had been involved in cult-related activities, perpetuating disturbances and extorting valuables from fellow students.

“The Ifo Divisional Police officer, in collaboration with the authorities of the School in Ifo, has apprehended eight students suspected of engaging in cult activities within the school premises after the school headship raised alarm over an emerging gang of students cultist.

“Preliminary investigations revealed that the students are members of the Future Guys cult group and were allegedly initiated by two senior students.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the students, names withheld, would face thorough screening.

According to Odutola, the Police have commenced a thorough investigation to determine the extent of cult activities in the school and prevent further occurrences.

 She said that the students would be transferred to the  State Criminal Investigation Department upon the conclusion of preliminary investigation.

The Commissioner of Police,CP Lanre Ogunlowo, has directed that the students should  be brought before him on the next working day for further interviews where other referrals for counselling and mentoring will be organized .

 Ogunlowo, further reiterated his commitment to maintaining law and order in Ogun,while  urging parents, teachers, and community leaders to collaborate in eradicating cultism from schools


Discover more from Defence News Ng

Subscribe to get the latest posts sent to your email.


Reach an audience of millions.
For advert enquiries, please contact us on:
Email: [email protected] | [email protected]

Also See

Tinubu pledges more resources, modern equipment to police

Defence News Ng

PSC approves dismissal, prosecution of 2 senior police officers

Defence News Ng

Fire outbreak: First lady commiserates with Zamfara people over deaths

Defence News Ng

This website uses Cookies to improve Users' experience. However, Users can opt-out at will. Accept Read More

Cookies Policies

Discover more from Defence News Ng

Subscribe now to keep reading and get access to the full archive.

Continue reading